Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #3, 2020, pp. 16-22
New procedures and technical means of control and extension of service life of metal-composite joints of aviation equipment
L.I. Muravskyi, T.I. Voronyak, Ya.L. Ivanytski, M.M. Gvozdyuk, O.P. Maksymenko, O.G. Kuts, I.V. Stasyshyn, G.I. Gaskevych, O.D. Suriadova
G.V. Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute of NAS of Ukraine. 5 Naukova str., 79060, Lviv, Ukraine.
A procedure was developed for detection of subsurface defects in layered composite structures by tracing dynamic changes of optical
speckles on surface images directly above the defect under the impact of resonance ultrasonic excitation, as well as a procedure for
determination of deformation fields near loaded holes in composites for different modes of their drilling, using a portable optico-digital
correlator. The paper gives the results of investigations on determination of crushing stresses in multirow «composite-metal» bolted
joints by deformation in the vicinity of an isolated hole, contact-loaded through a bolt. 13 Ref., 2 Tabl., 9 Fig.
subsurface defects, composite panel, metal-composite joints, speckle-images, dynamic speckles, ultrasonic excitation,
hole elongation, digital correlation of images, crushing stresses, bolted joints, deformation field
1. Muravskyi, L.I., Kuts, O.G., Voronyak, T.I., Gaskevych, G.I., Kotsyuba, Yu.M., Stasyshyn, I.V. (2019) Method to detect internal defects in samples of structural materials and elements. Ukraine Pat. 136987, registered on utility model 25.09.2019 [in Ukrainian].
2. Muravsky, L., Kuts, O., Gaskevych, G., Suriadova, O. (2019) Detection of subsurface defects in composite panels using dynamic speckle patterns. In: 11th Int. Sci. & Pract. Conf. Electronics & Inform. Technol. (ELIT), 7-10, 47280, publish. in IEEE Xplore digital library effective 2019-11-11. https://doi.org/10.1109/ELIT.2019.8892294
3. Briers, D., Duncan, D.D., Hirst, E. et al. (2013) Laser speckle contrast imaging: Тheoretical and practical limitations. J. Biomed. Opt, 18, 066018. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JBO.18.6.06601
4. Zdunek, A., Muravsky, L., Frankevych, L., Konstankiewicz, K. (2007) New nondestructive method based on spatialtemporal speckle correlation technique for evaluation of apples quality during shelf-life. Int. Agrophys., 21, 305-310.
5. Maksymenko, O.P., Muravsky, L.I., Berezyuk, M.I. (2015) Application of biospeckles for assessment of structural and cellular changes in muscle tissue. J. Biomed. Opt., 20(4), 095006-1-7. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JBO.20.9.09500
6. Dai Pra, A.L., Meschino, G.J., Guzmán, M.N. et al. (2016) Dynamic speckle image segmentation using self-organizing maps. J. Opt.-UK, 18, 085606. https://doi.org/10.1088/2040-8978/18/8/085606
7. Kirkach, A.B. Problem of strength of bolted joints based on laminated composite plastics. Vestnik KhPI. Ser. Dinamika i Prochnost Mashin, 45-54 [in Russian].
8. Karpov, Ya.S. (1998) Investigations of stress-strain state of multirow mechanical connections of the parts from composite materials. In: Aerospace engineering and technology, 328- 334. Kharkiv, KhAI [in Ukrainian].
9. (2003) АSТМ D 5961/5961М-01. Standard Test Method for Bearing Response of Polymer Matrix Composite Laminates.
10. Gvozdyuk, M., Molkov, Yu. (2014) Determination of strength characteristics of composite-metal mechanical connection. In: Fracture mechanics of materials and strength of structures. Ed. by V.V. Panasyuk. Lviv, PMI, 517-522 [in Ukrainian].
11. Maksymenko, O.P., Ivanytskyi, Ya.L., Gvozdyuk, M.M. (2014) Determination of rigidity of composite-metal joint by the method of digital correlation of images. Fiz.-Khim. Mekhanika Materialiv, 50(6), 44-49 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11003-015-9788-x
12. Ivanytskyi, Ya.L., Maksymenko, O.P., Gvozdyuk, M.M., Muravskyi, L.I., Molkov, Yu.V. (2017) Method to determine the rigidity of composite-metal mechanical connection. Pat. on utility model 116508, publish. 25.05.2017 [in Ukrainian].
13. Ivanytskyi, Yа.L., Hvozdyuk М.М., Maksymenko О.P. et al. (2019) Evaluation of the strength of bolted joints of composite plates. Materials Sci., 55(2), 265-271. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11003-019-00298-9
Advertising in this issue: