Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #4, 2020, pp. 40-44
Monitoring the stressed state of bridge span structure during mounting by sliding method
S.M. Minakov1, V.M. Uchanin2
NTUU «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute». 37 Prosp. Peremohy, 03056, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
G.V. Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute of NASU. 5 Naukova str., 79060, Lviv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
A procedure is proposed for monitoring mechanical stresses in the walls of the span structure of bridges from ferromagnetic
steels during their mounting by the sliding method with application of magnetoanisotropic method. In order to select the measurement
points, the span structure was considered as a cantilever double support beam, for which the curves of the transverse
force and bending moments were plotted, in particular. The procedure was realized during construction of a bridge across the
Dnipro (Kyiv), the results of which confirmed its effectiveness. The developed procedure can be modified for monitoring the
span structures of bridges from ferromagnetic steels during their operation.
magnetoanisotropic method, ferromagnetic steel, monitoring, mechanical stresses, bridge, span structure
1. Burlando, M., Romanic, D., Boni, G., Lagasio, M., Parodi, A. (2019) Investigation of the weather conditions during the collapse of the Morandi Bridge in Genoa on 14 August 2018. Natural Hazards and Earth System Sci. https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-2019-371
2. Ovchinnikov, I.G, Ovchinnikov, I.I., Nigamatova, O.I., Mikhaldykin, E.S. (2014) Strength monitoring of bridgeworks and peculiarities of its application. Pt 1: International and national experience of application of monitoring. Internet- J.: Transportnye Sooruzheniya, 1(1) [in Russian]. http://t-s.today/PDF/01TS114.pdff). https://doi.org/10.15862/01TS114
3. Ovchinnikov, I.G, Ovchinnikov, I.I., Nigamatova, O.I., Mikhaldykin, E.S. (2014) Strength monitoring of bridgeworks and peculiarities of its application. Pt 2: Continuous monitoring of state of bridgeworks. Internet-J.: Transportnye Sooruzheniya, 1(2) [in Russian]. http://t-s.today/PDF/01TS214.pdf. https://doi.org/10.15862/01TS214
4. Pestryakov, A.N. (2010) Longitudinal and transverse sliding: method, recommendations. Ekaterinburg, UrGUPS [in Russian].
5. Kanshin, E. (2010) Bridge construction by the technology of cyclic longitudinal sliding. Experience of Germany. Visnyk DNUZT, Issue 33, 106-110 [in Russian].
6. Nayanov, V.I., Nayanov, Yu.V. (2007) Modern control technologies in construction of out-of-class bridges. Transportnoe Stroitelstvo, 1, 86-87 [in Russian].
7. Nayanov, V.I., Nayanov, Yu.V. (2009) Computer tracking system in construction of large bridges. In: Training guide for the course on «Automated monitoring systems». GOU VPO Saratov State Un-ty [in Russian].
8. Yamada, H., Uchiyama, S., Takeuchi et al. (1987) Noncontact measurement of bending stress using a magnetic anisotropy sensor. IEEЕ Transact. on Magnetics, 23(5), 2422-2424. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.1987.1065329
9. Fomichev, S.K., Minakov, S.N., Danilchik, A.V., Tatarnikov, V.G., Yaremenko, M.A. (1998) Mechanical stress meter of MESTR-41x series. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 58-60 [in Russian].
10. Fomichev, S.K., Minakov, S.N., Mikhalko, S.V., Yaremenko, M.A., Minakov, A.S. (2009) Determination of force impacts on a pipeline by analysis of longitudinal stress distribution epures. Ibid., 2, 11-14 [in Russian].
11. Uchanin, V.M., Minakov, S.M. (2018) Influence of mechanical stresses on the signal of eddy current transducer of magnetic anisotropy. Ibid., 1, 21-25 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.01.03
12. Uchanin, V., Minakov, S., Nardoni, G., Ostash, O., Bentoglio, M. (2017) Eddy current method for evaluation of stresses in steel components. In: Proc. of 14th Intern. Conf. on Application of Contemporary Non-Destructive Testing in Engineering (September 4-6, 2017, Bernardin, Slovenia), 207-212.
13. Uchanin V., Minakov, S., Nardoni, G., Ostash, O., Fomichov, S. (2018) Nondestructive determination of stresses in steel components by eddy current method. J. of Mechanical Engineering, 64(11), 69-697. https://doi.org/10.5545/sv-jme.2018.5208
14. Tumanski, S. (2011) Handbook of magnetic measurements. Boca Raton Florida, CRC Press.
15. Uchanin V.M., Minakov, S.M., Fomichov, S.K., Minakov, A.S., Bobin, B.O. Method of longitudinal sliding of bridge span structure during construction of bridges. Pat. Ukraine 116454, Int. Cl. E01D21/06; fil. 11.11.16, publ. 25.05.2017 [in Ukrainian].
16. Reut, L. (2016) Plane transverse bending. In: Manual on Mechanics of Materials. Minsk, BNTU [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: