“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
1National Technical University of Ukraine «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute». 37 Peremohy Sve., 03056, Kyiv, Ukraine.
2G.V.Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute of NASU. 5 Naukova Str., 79060, Lviv, Ukraine.
In the first part of the paper it was shown that the discrete Hilbert transform of eddy current control signals allows obtaining samples
of discrete characteristics of these signals. The second part deals with application of these data to derive the deterministic and
statistical characteristics – the laws of modulation of the amplitude and phase of the signals and round robin statistics, obtained
from the difference in phase characteristics of the signals. The paper is devoted to investigations of application of phase methods
of processing signals of eddy current transducers, which are based on a combination of discrete Hilbert transform and methods of
deterministic and statistical measurement of the phase. The paper gives examples of application of secondary diagnostic features,
derived by phase characteristic of the signals to solve the problems of automated eddy current control. An experimental diagnostic
system of eddy current control was developed, which uses the frequency of natural oscillations of the transducer signal as an information
parameter. The proposed system envisages transducer application in the oscillation mode, both of absolute type and double
differentiation transducers. Analysis of experimental results is given and dependencies were derived by the proposed procedure at
defect detection and determination of the thicknesses of the dielectric coating. 10 Ref., 1 Tabl., 11 Fig.
Keywords: eddy current nondestructive testing, discrete Hilbert transformation, phase characteristic of the signal
1. Kuts, Yu.V., Uchanin, V.M., Lysenko, Yu.Yu., Levchenko, O.E. (2021) Application of Hilbert transform for analysis of signals of automated eddy current inspection. Pt 1: Theoretical aspects of Hilbert transformation application at eddy current inspection. Tekh. Diahnost. ta Neruiniv. Kontrol, 3, 7-13 [in Ukrainian] https://doi.org/10.37434/tdnk2021.03.01 2. (1986) Nondestructive Testing Handbook. Vol. 4: Electromagnetic Testing (Eddy current, Flux Leakage and Microwave Nondestructive Testing). Ed. by R.C. McMaster, P. McIntire, 2nd ed. USA: American Society for NDT.
3. Klyuev, V.V., Sosnin, F.R., Kovalev, A.V. et al. (2005) Nondestructive testing and diagnostics: Refer. book. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
4. Teterko, A.Ya., Nazarchuk, Z.T. (2004) Selective eddy current flaw detection. Lviv, PMI [in Ukrainian].
5. Udpa, S., Upda, L. (2004) Eddy current testing - Are we at the limits? In: Proc. of 16th World Conf. on Non-Destructive Testing, Canada, Montreal, August/September 2004 (http://www.ndt.net).
6. Mardia, K.V., Jupp, P.E. (2000) Directional Statistics, England: John Willey & Sons, Ltd, Chichcster. https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470316979 7. Fisher, N.I. (2000) Statistical Analysis of Circular Data. England:Cambridge University Press.
8. Cameron, S. (2005) Making Regression Analysis More Useful, Econometrics. Maidenhead: McGraw Hill Higher Education.
9. Draper, N., Smith, G. (2016) Applied regression analysis. 3rd Ed. Moscow, Williams [in Russian].
10. Lysenko, I., Eremenko, V., Kuts, Y., Protasov, A., Uchanin, V. (2020) Advanced signal processing methods for inspection of aircraft structural materials. Transact. on Aerospace Research, 2 (259), 27-35. https://doi.org/10.2478/tar-2020-0008