Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #4, 2021, pp. 19-24
Non-destructive testing of elements of titanium honeycomb panels by shearography method using vacuum load
L.M. Lobanov, V.V. Savytskyi, I.V. Kyianets, O.P. Shutkevich, K.V. Shyian
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The use of the modern method of non-destructive quality testing – electron shearography in combination with vacuum load for
the study of elements of titanium honeycomb panels is considered. The effectiveness of the procedure for detecting inner defects
of different location in the honeycomb panels, size and configuration is shown. 10 Ref., 9 Fig.
non-destructive quality testing, honeycomb panels, electron shearography, vacuum load
1. (2001) Non-destructive testing and technical diagnostics. Ed. by Z.T. Nazarchuk. Lviv, PMI [in Ukrainian].
2. Rastorgi, P.K., Inaudi, D. editors (2000) Trends in Optical Non-Destructive Testing and Inspection. Oxford, Elsevier Science B.V.
3. Lobanov, L.M., Pivtorak, V.A., Oleinik, E.M., Kiyanets, I.V. (2004) Procedure, technology and instrumentation of shearographic non-destructive testing of materials and elements of structures. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 25-28 [in Russian].
4. Hung, Y.Y., Ho, H.P. (2005) Shearography: an optical measurement technique and applications. Materials Sci. and Eng., R49, 61-87. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mser.2005.04.001
5. Lobanov, L.M., Znova, V.A., Pivtorak V.A., Kiyanets, I.V. (2016) Diagnostics of composite elements of aircraft structures by electron shearography method. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 19-27 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2016.02.02
6. Lobanov, L.M., Pivtorak, V.A., Tkachuk, G.I. et al. (2005) Express control of quality and stressed state of welded structures using methods of electron shearography and speckle-interferometry. The Paton Welding J., 8, 39-44.
7. Zhao, Q., Dan, X., Sun, F. et al. (2018) Digital Shearography for NDT: Phase Measurement Technique and Recent Developments. Appl. Sci., 8, 2662. https://doi.org/10.3390/app8122662
8. ASTM E2581-14 (2019) Standard Practice for Shearography of Polymer Matrix Composites and Sandwich Core Materials in Aerospace Applications. ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, www.astm.org.
9. Feng, H.J., Zhang, J., Liu, X.K. (2011) Studies on Digital Shearography for Testing of Aircraft Composite Structures and Honeycomb-Based Specimen. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 121-126 (October 2011), 1264-1268. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.121-126.1264
10. Schuth, M., Buerakov, W., Vössing, F. et al. (2014) Shearographic inspections by an interferoscope. Proc. SPIE 9302, International Conference on Experimental Mechanics, 2014, 93020C (4 March 2015). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2080807
Advertising in this issue: