Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #4, 2022, pp. 33-40
Express evaluation of the quality of producing caterpillar tracks by the results of coercive force measurement
O.P. Gopkalo1, O.E. Gopkalo1, M.P. Zemtsov1, E.V. Kovalenko2, V.E. Bodunov1
G.S. Pisarenko Institute for Problems of Strength of NASU. 2 Timiryazevska Str., 01014, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LLC «SPC Aviation Systems of Ukraine». 8 Redutna, 01015, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: spc.asu.LTD@gmail.com
Coercimetric testing revealed essential differences in metal structure in the subsurface layer of experimental caterpillar tracks.
Obtained experimental results of 4-point bend testing of experimental caterpillar tracks from steels which somewhat differ by
their chemical composition, confirmed the possibility of application of nondestructive coercimetric testing for assessment of
the initial structural state and level of loading of the metal, which characterizes the degree of sustained damage after loading.
Metal of a sound track from steel of 110G13L type in the initial condition should have negative values of the coercive force that
is ensured by its optimal structural state. This circumstance can provide substantiation for introducing coercimetric testing for
express-evaluation of the quality of castings and their heat treatment. 7 Ref., 4 Tabl., 10 Fig.
caterpillar tracks, structuroscope, coercive force, structural state
1. Davydov, N.G. (1979) High-manganese steel. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
2. Solntsev, Yu.P., Andreev, A.K., Grechin, R.I. (1991) Cast cold-resistant steels. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
3. Zimokos, G.N., Adamenko, L.A., Ivanova, L.Kh. (2011) Influence of chemical composition on the properties of high-manganese steel in armored steel castings of cone crushers. Metallurgicheskaya i Gornorudnaya Promyshlennost, 4, 140 [in Russian].
4. Sharov, N.V., Platonov, A.V., Chumakov, V.A. (2012) Production and quality assessment of castings of rapidly-wearing parts from high-manganese steels. Gornaya Promyshlennost, 3, 18-28 [in Russian].
5. Gopkalo, O.P., Zemtsov, M.P., Gopkalo, O.Ye., et al. (2021) Diagnosis of damage to caterpillar tracks under mechanical loading based on the results of measurement of the coercive force. Tekh. Diahnost. ta Neruiniv. Kontrol, 1, 17-26 [in Ukrainian].
6. Gopkalo, O.P., Nekhotiashchiy, V.O., Bezludko, G.Ya. et al. (2019) Giagnosis of damage in austenitic steel AISI 304 at mechanical loading by measurements of coercive force. Ibid., 4, 12-24 [in Ukrainian]. DOI:https://doi.org/10.37434/tdnk2019.04.01
7. Gopkalo, O., Bezlyudko, G., Nekhotiashchiy, V., Gopkalo, O.Ye., Kurash, Yu. (2020) Damage evaluation for AISI 304 steel under cyclic loading based on coercive force measurements. Int. J. Fatigue, Vol. 139.
Advertising in this issue: