TPWJ, 2009, #1, 26-28 pages
ARC SPOT WELDING OF OVERLAP JOINTS IN VERTICAL POSITION
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 1, 2009 (January)
L.M. LOBANOV, A.N. TIMOSHENKO and P.V. GONCHAROV
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
The technology for vertical spot metal-arc welding of sheet metal without preliminary piercing of holes in the external sheet was developed. Adjustment of parameters of the welding cycle allows producing the high-quality spot joints.
gas-shielded welding, spot overlap joints, structural steels, vertical position
1. Voropaj, N.M. (2004) Specifics of arc spot shielded-gas welding processes (Review). The Paton Welding J., 7, 26-31.
2. Potapievsky, A.G. (2007) Gas-shielded metal arc welding. Pt 1: Active-gas welding. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
3. Tereshchenko, V.I., Sharovolsky, A.N., Sidorenko, K.A. et al. (1983) Peculiarities of consumable-electrode arc spot CO2
-welding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 9, 51-53.
4. Asnis, A.E., Andrushchenko, S.V., Yushkevich, Z.V. (1986) Influence of stressed state on corrosion resistance of arc spot welded joints. Ibid., 8, 1-3.
5. Tkachenko, A.N., Voskresensky, A.S. (2005) Application of arc spot welding in fabrication of car bodies. The Paton Welding J., 12, 22-24.
6. Tatarinov, V.S., Tereshchenko, V.I., Iorsh, E.T. et al. (1986) Corrosion fatigue resistance of overlap joints made by arc spot welding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 7, 46-48.
7. Krylov, S.V., Asnis, A.E. (1983) Increase in impact strength of arc spot welded joints. Ibid., 7, 17-18, 34.
8. GOST 14776-79: Arc welding. Spot welded joints. Main types, structural elements and sizes. Introd. 01.07.80.