Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №2, 2018, pp. 53-58
Optoelectronic sensor leak detector for detection of ammonia leaks
P.A. Manorik1, O.V. Shulzhenko1, O.L. Kukla2, O.M. Fedchenko2, Yu.M.Posypaiko3, V.M.Grebenniov1, S.O.Sotnik1
L.V.Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry of the NAS of Ukraine, 31, Nauki Ave., 03028, Kyiv, Ukraine
V.E.Lashkarev Institute of Semi-Conductor Physics of the NAS of Ukraine, 41 Nauki Ave., 03028, Kyiv, Ukraine
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazimir Malevich str, 03150, Kiev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A portable optoelectronic leak detector for detection of ammonia leaks through the through-thickness defects in industrial facilities, chemical sensor and aerodynamic device for transportation of analyte sample from the defect to the sensor, as the instrument component, were developed. Proceeding from analysis of research results, it was found that the instrument is capable of reliably detecting ammonia concentrations of the order of 1 ppm, and effectively functions in the range of ammonia concentrations of 1 – 10 ppm. Optimum conditions were determined, under which it is rational to operate the instrument. 9 References, 6 Figures.
Keywords: optoelectronic sensor leak detector, ammonia, leaks, detection
- Shmidt,D., Shvarts, V. (1991) Optoelectronic sensor systems. Moscow, Mir [in Russian].
- Budarin, L.I., Kasaev, K.S., Naumov, V.N. (1991) Chemical methods of leak testing of products. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Dyakonov, V.P., Abramenkova, I.V. (2002) MATLAB. Processing of signals and images: Special Refer. book. St.-Petersburg, Piter [in Russian].
- Pikkering, U.F. (1977) Modern analytical chemistry. Moscow, Khimiya [in Russian].
- (1976) Indicators. Ed. by E. Bishop. Moscow, Mir [in Russian].
- GOST 29298-2005: Fabrics cotton and mixed, domestic. General specification [in Russian].
- TU U 20.5-05417213-005:2017: Chemical optical sensor for amines [in Ukrainian].
- Khoruzhenko, V.Yu., Vakhula, O.A., Kostyukevych, K.V. et al. (2008) Colorimetric detector for analysis of gas and liquid mixture components. Pat. 84899 Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Shulzhenko, O.V., Manoryk, P.A., Posypayko, Yu.M., Pogorila, L.M. (2013) Current contactless probe of leak detector. Pat. 102457, Ukraine [in Ukrainian].